My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.

13 March 2006

Another weekend down

Ok, I know I scared you with the medical update I gave, but I have to let you know what's going on in my life, so I wrote completely unedited. You should know that I'm still living like I never got the news, and I'm mostly happy with my blissful ignorance.

- - - -

I found out I have to go to Korea before I can report to D.C. That means I'll be leaving Japan right around Vanessa's birthday. WHAT A PRESENT! Still, this whole Korea thing was for her anyway, so no matter how bad it stings, I have to keep reminding myself that it's only for a year, and like my mom always says, "We can do anything for a year."

- - - -

I went on my last trip with the Ventures this weekend. They did some skiing, I mostly played Risk. I did well, I got my usual Australian gambit to work, and lasted throughout two games. I took third place for the first game (the last to die) because after I died, the remaining players (Vanessa was one) decided to call a global truce. In the second game, I played a bit more aggressive coming from Australia and ruling Asia. Once we got it down to three people, the person in third place quit. Just quit. I guess that's what armies should do when they have no chance of winning. . . (for you OSI Agents reading this, it's just my opinion, and not a commentary on the current or any former wars). It was funny, because he controlled the area in Europe where France is, so the continuing joke was that France has lost all but one war they've been involved in, and their solo win was the FRENCH REVOLUTION!

- - - -

This week, the base is exercising, so I doubt I'll get a lot of work done in the PCS department. Yay, I get to scramble for the last two weeks.

No comments:

Blog Archive