Well, there are two reasons to celebrate today.
1) I'm now getting paid as a staff sergeant
2) I got my orders.
1) I'm now getting paid as a staff sergeant. I went to my online account today and learned that I'm now making a little over twice what I was making yesterday. Mom, this is your cue to say something in BIG BOLD letters about not spending too much, and saving some for a rainy day. Here's my witty comeback: "Don't let me touch it." I've shifted a little reserve into my savings account. I will continue to shift as much into savings every check so I'll have money. The rest is for paying bills. I want to be debt free by April of 07. If that's possible, then I can make other things happen. But for now, let's focus on paying off the college loans and the credit card I've got here. We'll still pay off the other card over time, but for now, let's focus on the ending debt.
- - - -
Speaking of debt, Vanessa and I are enrolled in Financial Peace University. It's a DVD course from Dave Ramsey the radio personality. He's got a lot of good ideas (don't use credit cards, bring cash everywhere and watch managers fall over themselves offering you a deal, etc.) I really think it will be good for me in the long run. It's not a get rich quick thing, it's a stay rich over time thing. If you have the chance look into it. You can find it online, just search for Dave Ramsey in your google or yahoo.
- - - -
2) I finally got my orders. That means I will get to move out of Japan and on to Korea with a short stop along the way to go to DINFOS and finish my schooling. I'll let you know when exactly I'll be in the 'States, but I'll definitely be there by the 10th. One bad thing about getting my orders now is, I have less than 1 week before I'm gone, and it typically takes 2-3 weeks to outprocess. God will be with me (I hope) and it will all get done. I'm just a little overwhelmed by all that I have to do in such a short timeframe.
- - - -
Speaking of short time frames...it's hitting us both now that soon we'll no longer be living together, but in different parts of the world. If anyone is still reading at this point, could you send a little encouragement over to Vanessa (her blog is linked on my main page). She really needs it right now. Send love, send hope, send cookies(?). Myself, it's getting harder to think about the fact that my soulmate isn't going to be with me, but I know all will be well and we'll be together soon (soon being relative, compared the the vast existence of space and time).
That's all for this post. I look forward to your responses, and hearing from Vanessa that so many of my family members wrote her to tell her they stand behind her.
My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2012
(1)
- ► 01/08 - 01/15 (1)
-
►
2011
(10)
- ► 08/28 - 09/04 (1)
- ► 07/24 - 07/31 (1)
- ► 05/29 - 06/05 (2)
- ► 05/22 - 05/29 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 03/20 - 03/27 (2)
- ► 01/16 - 01/23 (1)
- ► 01/02 - 01/09 (1)
-
►
2010
(19)
- ► 12/26 - 01/02 (1)
- ► 12/19 - 12/26 (1)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (1)
- ► 08/22 - 08/29 (1)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (1)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (1)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (1)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (1)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (1)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (1)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (1)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (2)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (1)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
-
►
2009
(15)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/20 - 12/27 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (1)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (1)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (1)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (1)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (1)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (1)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (1)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (1)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (1)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (1)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (1)
-
►
2008
(51)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (1)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (1)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (1)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (1)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (2)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (1)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (1)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (2)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (1)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (1)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (2)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (2)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (1)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (2)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (1)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (2)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (3)
- ► 07/20 - 07/27 (3)
- ► 07/06 - 07/13 (4)
- ► 06/29 - 07/06 (3)
- ► 06/22 - 06/29 (2)
- ► 06/15 - 06/22 (1)
- ► 06/01 - 06/08 (1)
- ► 05/25 - 06/01 (1)
- ► 05/18 - 05/25 (2)
- ► 05/11 - 05/18 (1)
- ► 05/04 - 05/11 (1)
- ► 04/27 - 05/04 (3)
- ► 04/20 - 04/27 (1)
-
►
2007
(37)
- ► 11/04 - 11/11 (1)
- ► 10/07 - 10/14 (1)
- ► 09/09 - 09/16 (1)
- ► 09/02 - 09/09 (1)
- ► 08/26 - 09/02 (1)
- ► 08/19 - 08/26 (1)
- ► 08/12 - 08/19 (1)
- ► 08/05 - 08/12 (1)
- ► 07/29 - 08/05 (1)
- ► 07/22 - 07/29 (1)
- ► 07/08 - 07/15 (1)
- ► 07/01 - 07/08 (1)
- ► 06/17 - 06/24 (1)
- ► 06/10 - 06/17 (2)
- ► 06/03 - 06/10 (1)
- ► 05/27 - 06/03 (1)
- ► 05/13 - 05/20 (1)
- ► 04/15 - 04/22 (1)
- ► 04/08 - 04/15 (2)
- ► 03/25 - 04/01 (1)
- ► 03/11 - 03/18 (3)
- ► 03/04 - 03/11 (2)
- ► 02/25 - 03/04 (2)
- ► 02/18 - 02/25 (1)
- ► 02/11 - 02/18 (1)
- ► 02/04 - 02/11 (1)
- ► 01/28 - 02/04 (1)
- ► 01/21 - 01/28 (1)
- ► 01/14 - 01/21 (1)
- ► 01/07 - 01/14 (2)
-
▼
2006
(73)
- ► 12/31 - 01/07 (4)
- ► 12/24 - 12/31 (1)
- ► 12/17 - 12/24 (2)
- ► 12/10 - 12/17 (1)
- ► 12/03 - 12/10 (3)
- ► 11/26 - 12/03 (1)
- ► 11/19 - 11/26 (1)
- ► 11/12 - 11/19 (1)
- ► 11/05 - 11/12 (1)
- ► 10/29 - 11/05 (1)
- ► 10/22 - 10/29 (2)
- ► 10/15 - 10/22 (1)
- ► 10/08 - 10/15 (2)
- ► 10/01 - 10/08 (2)
- ► 09/24 - 10/01 (3)
- ► 09/10 - 09/17 (1)
- ► 08/13 - 08/20 (1)
- ► 07/30 - 08/06 (1)
- ► 07/16 - 07/23 (2)
- ► 07/09 - 07/16 (2)
- ► 06/25 - 07/02 (1)
- ► 06/18 - 06/25 (1)
- ► 06/04 - 06/11 (1)
- ► 05/28 - 06/04 (2)
- ► 05/21 - 05/28 (1)
- ► 05/14 - 05/21 (2)
- ► 05/07 - 05/14 (1)
- ► 04/30 - 05/07 (2)
- ► 04/23 - 04/30 (3)
- ► 04/09 - 04/16 (3)
- ► 04/02 - 04/09 (3)
- ► 03/19 - 03/26 (2)
- ► 03/12 - 03/19 (3)
- ► 03/05 - 03/12 (3)
- ► 02/26 - 03/05 (3)
- ► 02/19 - 02/26 (3)
- ► 02/12 - 02/19 (2)
- ► 02/05 - 02/12 (2)
3 comments:
WOOT! debt free is a good thing - GOOD LUCK! and thanks (you know for what). :)
anyways, just keep your chin up & before you know it, V will be with you forever!
love ya lots,
antipasto
oh damn,
p.s. it's your rents 29th anniversary today so that must mean you will soon be 29. LOL
peace out!
Here are your big bold letters: THE AMOUNT YOU SAW IS NOT THE NEW SALARY BUT A RETRO INCREASE, PLUS CURRENT PAY. WE WILL SEE THE TRUTH OF IT NEXT PAY. CALL HOME WHEN YOU KNOW YOUR ARRIVAL IN DC. HAVE AN ALTERNATE IDEA IN MIND.
Post a Comment