SAT. APRIL 8TH
Yokota - Seattle (Leave 3:30pm - Arrive 8:00am)
Seattle - Charlotte (Leave 11:30pm - Arrive 6:15am)
(((THAT'S RIGHT, OVER 15 HOURS LAYOVER!!!)))
SUN. APRIL 9TH
Charlotte - Baltimore (Leave 8:05am - Arrive 9:29am)
So it looks like I'll be in town just long enough to get lost on the way to DINFOS, and still make it to class on the 10th. Class will then proceed until April 28th and I fly from Baltimore to Korea with a 3-hour stop over in Atlanta, GA.
- - - -
Emotions are running rampant. Vanessa is so very sad. I'm doing my best to be strong for her, when I am aching just as much. I know I wrote earlier that it wasn't affecting me much, but it really is. I couldn't sleep at all last night. I tossed and turned and eventually fell asleep around 5am. We went to bed at 8:30! I can't stand the fact that any mention of the fact that I'm PCSing makes her cry, and thee's nothing I can do to stop it. ((I LIKE SALAD))
So, this last bit is for Vanessa.
From the dawn of time man has striven
To find the thing to make life worth living
And I now know this search is true
For at last I found you
And just when I can shout hooray
I'm forced to up and fly away
Forced to watch you sit and cry
As you think about goodbye
No words, no song could take away
The pain you feel from day to day
But read on, I'm sure you'll find
Just one thing to ease your mind
So you know you're not alone
The pictures on the walls at home
Will let you see my shining face
Though I know thay can't take my place
Look at them with memories fond
And remember I'm really not gone
It's in your mind that I reside
And in your heart
My Butterfly.
I know that probably didn't help in the least did it? And now that I'm sure you're crying your eyes out...here's a song that, just hearing the opening, makes me cry too. I'm sure you'll bawl your eyes out, but every note is the truth, every lyric makes me wish I'd written them, as they say everything.
4 comments:
Call me as soon as you read this.
Hope you can answer here. Will fly you home but need to know if you want to fly out Friday evening or Saturday morning, returning Sunday evening. Idea is to spend some of Easter Sunday with family before you go off for another year or so. Holla back in blog or call, need info asap for lower fares...seven day thing.
you are the most incredible man ever. i am so lucky to have you in my life. i love you so much and i am trying to be stron with you leaving i am just failing miserably at it. i know we can get through this year especially is you keep being romantic like that poem you wrote. ULI
Mom,
Saturday morning might be better for flying, though it will all depend on class though - they may give assignments over the weekend, and then we're stuck with plane tix.
Love Ya!
'Ness,
I LOVE YOU! You never again have to worry about "out of sight out of mind." I love the fact that you feel bad about me leaving, I feel the same way. We wouldn't be IN LOVE if we didn't care if the other was gone. I just hate seeing you cry, and knowing I'm the cause. I want to make everything better, but this time all I can do is hold on to you for as long as I can . . .
ULI
Post a Comment