Yesterday (Monday) I got to run with our PT group, and had to fall out (that's leave the group and run on my own at my own pace) because I hadn't been up and running for almost a month. We were doing a "last man up run" where you sprint through a line of people, then let the last guy in line sprint up in front of you, and so on. We did this for 45 minutes. I just couldn't make it at their pace.
Then today (only a day later) the entire office ran a 5K marathon. That's right, a run, then a BIG run. I'm proud of myself for finishing without stopping to walk - considering, again, I haven't been running, and it was 5 Kilometers (3.2 miles). I ran it in 32 minutes, so it was good for me, but it tells me I have a lot of catching up to do before I have to take my PT test on the 24th.
So, my body hurts. My legs are sore from running so much, and my calf is sore because it doesn't let blood flow like it should. I'm making an appointment at the AF doctor next week!
- - - -
My PT test troubles are nothing compared to Vanessa's. I really wish I could talk to her, because she seems so distraught, and rightfully so! Check out her blog to see what I'm talking about. Honey, if you're reading this, I'm so sorry the Army has done this to you. I hate that they're going to ruin your career because of it, and then you have to face the "am I in or out" question all over again. God will be with you, and it's in his hands. You're in mine, well, not physically, but if I could help you, if I could bear this burden for you, I'd gladly do it. ULI
- - - -
Hmmm, let's see, what else. Nothing really happens nowadays. I go to work, I come home, I sleep, and repeat.
I went online and downloaded a hypnosis audio file that's supposed to help relax you, so that a few hours of sleep seems to your body like a full eight. I'll let you know how it goes - if I remember - but I've heard good things about it. It's nce for a self-imposed insomniac like me.
Speaking of being up late at night, Vanessa says she can try to call me at work in the middle of the night. It will be so good to hear from her again. If not, well, it's only a few more weeks until she's done with class. Then I know she'll be in touch verbally.
- - - -
My phone is working again. We had a HUGE rainstorm that lasted a week about two months ago, and my house's phoneline got hit by a tree. I finally got the guys to come over and get my phone fixed, and they told me that the tree crashing the line caused a power surge that fried my phone modem. So, I have a new telephone number (the cell is still the same) until they can fix my old modem. An emai lto my AOL or work account will get you the new number. I'll also let you know when I get my old number back.
- - - -
Here's a cute picture I found online. I call it "Lance Eyes" because it's what I look like when I'm sad.

- - - -
That's all for this time around. I hope everyone else is doing okay.
Mom, I'm sorry I haven't written the usual email. Work sucks right now. It's 12am Wednesday morning, and I'm just now finishing up my blogging for the night. Keep checking the mailbox for the envelope, and let me know when it arrives.
Tom, I hope things are going okay with you and Stitches. Ever get back in touch with Harijuku girl?
Everyone else...Have a great week if I don't post again, and remember, Halloween is only a few weeks away. It's my favorite time of year :)
3 comments:
Don't worry your wonderful head over me. i am doing just fine considering. i can call you anytime this week. i will check on ako to see if you are online and if you are then i will call you at work. next week we are going to the field so i wont be around at all. although i do have a three day weekend so i can call you on monday here. i miss you so much and i can not wait to see you. please don't worry about me. God will work this out his way. ULI SheboyganL Whistle Whistle.
hey!
one good thing about you still being in news, we can see you on tv when you anchor. not sure if you read previous comment, i can see afn korea on the pentagon channel.
hang in there.
Me
that puppy looks like it just peed on that rug...i hope you don't have that problem! *tee hee*
i wish i had pentagon channel. :P
anyways, think not of it as you're still in news...think of it as you HAVE a job! (sorry, we just went to see Annie (the broadway musical) last night & optimism is riding high today.
abrazos y besos,
antipasto
Post a Comment