My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.

17 January 2007

Blah

I've been feeling rather tired lately. I know it's because I don't go to bed at a good hour, but believe me...it's harder than you might think. For some reason, I can't seem to get to sleep like I used to. I wonder if quitting smoking has anything to do with it? Anyhoo, I have to basically force myself to sleep some nights (around 12:00/1:oo a.m.) and I wake up between 2:30 and 4:00 a.m. to go to work. I've always been a late night person, but this is rediculous.
To add to the problem, yesterday, I was so tired throughout the day, that after I got off work and went to the gym, I was falling asleep while working out. How do you fall asleep while exercising you might ask? If I could learn to march and take a nap in basic training, I guess I can work out and nap at the same time. So, onc eI figured out I was falling asleep at the machines (thank God it wasn't at the weight bench!) I went home to get cleaned up and call Vanessa. My shower is a little messed up in my new place, so I opted to take a bath...a bad idea. Don't go getting all freaked out on me, but yes, I fell asleep in the bathtub. I woke up a couple hours later (and I think I only did, because the water got too cold, or I might still be in there). So, I got out, dried off, got dressed, and caught a cab to my old room so I could call.
Well, thanks to the little nap in the bathtub, I couldn't get back to sleep until 1:30 a.m. and I woke up tired again. I'm writing this feeling tired, but I know that once I get off work and out of my finance class, I'll make my way home and be unable to sleep.

- - - -

103 days to go until May!

- - - -

Did I write that George Lucas sent me a Christmas present? Yeah, George Lucas, the Star Wars guy, sent me a present. I did a news story on the Star Wars exhibit in Seoul, and his marketing director and I exchanged information so I could send her a copy. Well, as a thank you for promoting his movies, and because he supports our troops, George Lucas sent me a book, a couple shirts, and hats for Christmas! I got them the other day, but I don't think I wrote that here.

Speaking of Christmas, still no Christmas box from Mom...I'm waiting, and she won't take down our "family tree" until it arrives. She sent it weeks ago, so it should arrive any day now.

- - - -

OK, time to crush rumors. There have been news reports lately that the US Air Force is out of money, so they are freezing people in their current locations. That means no one is moving from one assignment to another for the next few months. That rumor is true...BUT...it only applies to Airmen living in the U.S. I spoke with a personnel person yesterday, and she assured me that if I'm going from overseas assignment to overseas assignment, I should have no problem. My assignment might be a little longer than originally expected, but three years, vs. two, isn't much of a problem, as long as I get to be with Vanessa.

And speaking of that...Vanessa has a great opportunity to go to college (full time and on a real campus) and even get a scholarship, but it means she will be living and going to school in Washington, D.C. What that means, is she'd move to the U.S. (and hopefully I can get assigned in D.C.) to go to school for two years. The only problem with that - for me - is that there is no AFN in D.C. so I'd either have to work as a DINFOS instructor, or at the Pentagon Channel. Both of those jobs are hard to get, and I'd really rather just be an AFN worker bee, but I have told her that the good of us as a couple come first, and her getting her degree is more important to me than spending a couple of years in non-broadcasting job. We'll see what happens. If she gets this scholarship and college deal, it means she'll have to be in the military for six years after she graduates. That means we'd both be career military. But, I'm looking into a commission (just browsing, not looking for anything specific right now) in case we need to up our income.
Again, we'll see.

- - - -




ULI

2 comments:

asemtap said...

Once again, we go back to what the psychic told Dad years ago about seeing you,in uniform, around Washington. I was also told the same thing once by my Tia Edith about seeing you with gold on your shoulders around D.C. so I think that what you've just said has been predestined.

Please try to get some sleep. Drink warm milk (with chocolate?) or make some tea...they say something warm, including a tub bath helps one to fall asleep. point

Hope to hear from you soon,
M~

Vanessa said...

maybe we should change. i can't seem to want to wake up and you can't seem to want to go to sleep. i miss you. ULI SheboyganL

Blog Archive