My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.

14 February 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

While I usually consider myself a romantic (see Ferdinand), I must say that Vanessa did the most wonderful thing to surprise me today. She told me a few weeks ao to check my email on the Monday before Valentine's Day for a special message. Naturally, I thought she meant my work account, but I found out this morning that it was my AOL account she wanted me to check. So, quickly before I hurried in to work, I gave it a glance over, to find that she had sent me an e-card. That in itself was nice, but the message inside the card was to look in the newspaper today. So, after I got to work, I opened the paper, to find a special Valentine's Day message from her, right ther in black and white. This particular paper is seen military-wide, in every country the U.S. has forces stationed, so that means about three-million people got to see just how romantic my Baby is. It really brightened my day to read what she wrote. A simple note, but to me it's beautiful, because of the planning and meaning of it. I later stole the paper from work, and now have it in my posession to hold onto forever!
I feel bad, because she hasn't been able to pick up her mail, so she won't get to open her Valentine's Day present from me until after V-Day, and she gave me this wonderful suprise so far out in advance.
Vanessa, I promise to make it up to you when I get to Germany.

ULI!

No comments:

Blog Archive