My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.

10 October 2007

Been gone a while...

Sorry about the hiatus. I've no excuse really. I could say I've been busy with work (which I have), or that my off-duty time has been eaten up (which it has), but the simple truth is...

I'm lazy.

So, here's the update you've been waiting for.

1) Vanessa and I have taken roles in my base's production of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I will be revivingmyold roles of Brad and Riff Raff, from my days as a member of the Frank's Follies cast in Indianapolis. Vanessa has been cast as Magenta, so I will beplaying opposite her each night. We practice twice a week at the moment, but starting next week, we will do one per night until the shows on the 19th and 20th. It takesup precious free time, but it's so worth it. The cast are, for lack of a better term, "free." Free like the TNMC was back in the day. I will not take anything away from the original TNMC by labeling this new group as such, just that the feeling of openness and freedom I felt once with the old group, is rekindledwith the new.

2) Dungeons & Dragons. As it turns out, my Rocky Horror group is also a D&D group. Fun, fun, fun. I'm playing again, and so is Vanessa. It's one thingI enjoy...getting to escape the realityof this world, and enter one completely fantastical.

3) Vanessa has braces. Yep, Tinsle Teeth, Metal Mouth, Brace Face, and all the other nicknames...she's got them, and they're here to stay. I will try to get a photo up for you all to see of her "Tin Grin."

4) My bestest girlfriend Rachel (see wedding discussions) had a tragic loss recently. Her Mother passed away. She is taking it better than I would have, but it is still close, so she is full of emotion. My prayers are with her, and my arms, aways open for a hug.

5) I'm sick. Yep, just got sick this weekend, and I'm feeling it. It's just a cold/flu, so I'll be fine in a few days. I just hate being sick, and threatening Vanessa with my germs.


So, there's my update...not much I know.
The Hollidays are fast approaching. I hope yours are all well and fun.
Remember us - not just Vanessa and myself, but all our brothers, sisters, Moms, Dads, sons, daughters, aunts, uncles, family members, friends, and complete strangers...each in harm's way, rather than with their loved ones. I know, it reads sappy to me, too, but I just saw an interview with Ben Stein (Bueller, Bueller) about his thought on the war in (insert country name here) and he had such fantastic, andpatriotic things to say. It's important, because he's a political mind, as well as a public figure, so if one mind can look at things the way he is, then who knows how many more minds can get a voice.


- - - -





ULI

1 comment:

asemtap said...

Let me know if I have to send chix-n-oodle soup. I thought you were gonna get braces..wha'hapen? Take care.
M~

Blog Archive