Nothing really special to report today. I woke up at 5:15, made it to work by 5:30, started my show at 6:30, wrapped up at 11:30, wrote my radio news, and wrapped up my day at 2:30. Since then, I've been in a cloud of blah this afternoon. I don't know why. Life is good, andif it weren't for the fact that Vanessa andI are separated, this would be a great assignment. I say that, but I in no way want her to come here. Luckily, soon, that will never again be a possibility.
- - - -
How good/bad is it to support the local economy, if by supporting it, you may be doing something illegal? Case in point, there is a local shop just outside base, butwithin the walls of the base security that sells DVDs of movies either recently released in theaters, or before the DVD is avalable for purchase. Is it unethical to buy a video from this store? I ask, because I saw quite a few people in there buing them, with no thought as to the studios. The shop itself is practically condoned by the US military, since they let the owner operate within base security. I don't know, maybe it's the integrity thing popping up. AND, I feel a little hypocritical, because I've watched movies that have been downloaded (when I was in Wisconsin, I saw Iron Man, because we weren't allowed to go to the theater)- but later paid to see he movie in a theater.
Just a thought that was on my mind.
- - - -
Without much else to say, I'll post a picture, and be off to bed. Todays pic...my office, I mean, my studio.
ULI
1 comment:
OK, August carepackage is in the making. Is there anything--besides BOb's to your Door--that you would like? I have seen dried fruits but don't know which you like. Also don't know what you can get there at the BX. Please include in post or in an e-mail. As to the toys, in your giant Cracker Jacks like boxes from home,can you give to the kids there or just pitch. You know why I do it. Just like the groceries, remember?
Anyway, you seem to be doing okay, month one is almost over and already we have fairly good news about Vanessa. How do you feel about her leaving you for a month next summer so she and I can do the "Grand Tour"? Just a thought.
I forgot to tell you that a couple of weeks ago I got a call from Martin(VinU)about the time of the anniversary. WAnted to say hi and said he'd try to call Germany. Don't know if he did but sent his greetings. Told him about Tom being here, he was a little put off that Tom didn't call him, oh well. The last bit of news he shared is that JAson is going to be a Dad again, this time a boy. NAmed after a cat they had, sorry forgot the name.
That's it for now.
M~
Post a Comment