My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.

04 August 2008

The First Sandstorm Hits...


I experienced my first sandstorm yesterday. I tried to post these pictures, but the internet was so slow, because EVERYONE was inside, staying out of the dust. The above photo, is what it looked like, rolling in around 4am. By mid-day, it looked like we were in a foggy, overcast day, and by 4pm - when it's usually bright as day, the sand and dust were so thick, it was like night time.
It was easy to see a few yards in front of you, because the sand and dust is so fine, your eyes dismiss it at close range, but as you can see in the photos, it was everywhere. Those aren't blots on my lens, those are individual dust and sand particles mucking up the picture (I can't believe I was breathing this stuff in, just to get a few photos).

Here is a picture of what it usually looks like here...
And this was this afternoon...


ULI

2 comments:

asemtap said...

you should submit that first photo9 to a contest. It is a very powerful visual. Make sure to have a hard copy and date stamp it.
I now think you should think about photo journalism.

asemtap said...

Let me try this again. I think you shoule enter the first photo in a contest. It is very powerful. MAke sure to print a hard copy and date stamp it.

I think you should think about becomming a photo journalist.

Blog Archive