My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.

23 February 2006

Back to the grind

So I've been back to work for 2 weeks, and things are getting back to normal. Things break, and I get asked to fix them, things go wrong, and I get questioned. It actually makes me feel good that the people in charge come to me to fix their problems. While I was on vacation, our main television system crashed, and it took 3 maintenance folks and two broadcasters to fix the problem. Their solution? Let's just "format c:" and redo everything. I hated coming back and telling them that all they had to do was a series of simple procedures to get rid of the problems.

- - - -

PCS time is coming up. I know this because I keep getting reminded that:
1) I'm getting promoted next week
2) Vanessa's birthday is coming up
3) I'm going to the advanced broadcast course in April
These things all tell me I'm leaving. Vanessa is sad (I can't blame her) because either right before, or right after her birthday, I'll be leaving for a year. I feel bad, but then again, I chose to go to Korea so we could be together afterward.

I don't know, I'm just feeling blah about it now, but I know that soon, I'll start getting sad and upset about it like she is already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Lance -

i just got an email form your mother, my sister, as to this blog. i am saddened by all of the hoopla the service is putting you & vanessa through in order for you to be together. but, keep the faith...what is meant to be, will be. you know us, we are resilient & can kick some major butt in the getting what we want scheme of things.

congrats on the promotion!

i'll try to look in to this blog thing but as you may or may not notice i have a livejournal (and have for like 5 years now) but i mostly post friends only entries. tim's is postrockalypse & amanda's is tink00, they're more public.

i seen the pics from vegas...too cool!

oh well, you & madame butterfly will be in my thoughts & prayers as always.

love,
antipasto

Blog Archive