My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.

17 March 2006

Fever!

Last night I called home to talk to the folks. Dad says the doctors told him the same thing about TB/cancer/nothing. If they want to go in and do a biopsy, he suggests taking them up on it, rather than going unde the knife for surgery that I might not need.

- - - -

I had a temperature of 100.5 last night. That spiked this week. I've had a fever for the past several days, in addition to having a giant welt on my arm from the smallpox vaccination. I've felt like someone was whipping my insides with a bunch of rose stems loaded with sharp thorns.
On top of that, I've got a cold. Life's been sucking, but I manage.

- - - -

Today is my last day at work.
THANK GOODNESS!
Not that I don't like my job, but I've got a boss that continually tries to assert his power, forgetting that we're all adults and do our jobs anyway. I'll give you an example: We have a standing order from our Headquarters to lock our computers any time we're away from them. So, when I see a computer that's not locked, I lock it for the individual, but not before I leave them a picture on their desktop (usually something benign like a picture of a computer and a padlock, or simply the words "lock your computer." This boss of mine, today, saw me doing this, and got all irate because I was having a little bit of fun while trying to teach the individual a valuable lesson. Harmless. He was almost to the point of giving me paperwork because "he didn't think it was okay to do that." Mind you, no one else has a problem with it, and many of our new troops get a quick education and remember to lock their computers after the first time ANYONE in the office does this. But, because MY boss caught me this ONE time, he flipped out.
MAN, I'm glad to be leaving the office.

- - - -

Vanessa just found out she won't be able to get her degree in a year. She still has 45 credit hours to go, and won't be able to take on that kind of course load. Hell, I couldn't do that!
Now she's upset, and is pondering taking a year off of service to complete her degree. She worries that I'll be the only one working during that time, but I tried to console her, telling her that was fine with me. She'ss really worried about college. Maybe it's because I've already goteen my degrees, but I'm a lot more optimistic about her going to school. It just doesn't matter to me that she'd be going to school for a year. I mean, we get the Montgomery G.I. Bill, and tuition assistance. It's not like we'll have to pay a lot for her to go to school.
I think there's a lot more pressure on her than she'ss willing to admit, and it's not about school. She still wonders how we're going to make it if we're apart for a year, or more if she reenlists.

I dunno.

Anyone out there have some advice for her? I have a link to her blog on my main site. Leave her your words of inspiration.

1 comment:

'Dela said...

i don't know, i don;t think i'd go under the knife until i saw some more results but that's just me! did you see my comments about the calcium spots my friend told me she has?

have a good journey to & fro thru dc & korea.

hugs to you & V.
~a.

Blog Archive