My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.

08 March 2006

I'm a little scared

I just got back from the doctor.

Monday, I got a TB test and a Smallpox injection (as required by Korea).
Today I had to go back to the doctor to have him read the TB test, and it came back positive.
He said it could be a false positive due to the smallpox strain, but I had to get checked out anyway. So I went over to X-ray, and they did the photos.
When the tech looked at the pictures, she called in the lab doctor, and started whispering.
I had enough, so I asked what it was they were being secretive about. Straight up.
The doctor said, "it could be nothing, but since your TB test came up positive, you might have turburculosis (sp?)." when I asked about the secrecy, he pointed to a spot on the x-ray and said there was a "questionable area" that could be cancer.

So I'm a little scared: I could be clean, I could have TB, or cancer.
I go back on the 22nd for more tests and to talk to the doctors about what's going on.
I just thought you should know why I'm not to excited today.
Your prayers would be appreciated. Your worries, not so much, I've got plenty of my own.

- - - -

On a completely different note, I found a cool website today at work. it's a radio blogger that lets you listen to almost any song in the world, provided someone has it downloaded on their website. check out www.radioblogclub.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lance,

Stay positive. It could be just a scar from something previous that was not detected, pnemonia or bronchitis.
You know that you are always in our prayers, but I'll put in a little extra.

Take care.

Your Madrina,

Liz

'Dela said...

hey there you...

i have all my LJ friends praying for you & one of them has spots on her lungs that are merely calcium deposits..so let's pray you are well & that the xray was mid-read.

ok? love ya & chin up buckaroo!
~a

Blog Archive