My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.

09 May 2006

My stuff is here

I received my TMO shipment today. All that means is my material possessions (well, most of them, I have a lot still in Japan, and even more back at Mom and Dad's house in Indiana) now rest in my two 9x4 rooms in base housing. It's funny, you never know what you have, until you unpack it. I found things I forgot I had, and thought I had things I didn't ship. That's okay, though, Vanessa will send me some stuff, and keep some things there for when I visit her (soon we both hope!) in Japan.
Originally, my shipment was due to arrive at 1pm, but I got a call at work this morning from the movers, telling me they had to push up my appointment to 10:30. The boss my boss works for actually gave me the day off to get everything unpacked, and even told me she'd push back a deadline I had because of it. She reminds me (emotionally) of another boss lady I had in Japan...which tells me to stay on her good side.

- - - -

I didn't get the chance today due to moving, but sometime this week, I will be getting internet and phone service connected to my room. The means I'll be able to check email and receive phone calls on a more regular basis. My work day typically has run from 6:30 - 5:30 on PT days (M/W/F) and 7:30 - 5:30 (T/R). Maybe I can schedule the cable/phone people to connect me this weekend, so I don't lose another day of work. I know the bosses are tired of me saying I have this or that appointment. On the plus side, if I get the cable internet, it's unlimited use, so I can leave my AOL instant messenger open all day, and you can leave me messages there. If not, there's still this blog. I do read every message I get, and typically respond with a comment if requested. So, if you leave me a comment with a question or request for a reply, the next time you see an update, check the comments section from the blog you commented on.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

what is it that you need me to ship you. i can pack it up and send it.

LANCELOT said...

Vanessa,

The rainy season is coming in full force in about a week or two, so if my goretex coat is there, could you send it to me.
Congratulations on your promotion, though I think it sucks that your reservation "somehow" disappeared. Let me know if there's anyone I should talk to about it on my end.

ULI

'Dela said...

can you please translate korea time to america time?

grassy ass,
antipasto

p.s. i'm too lazy to get my cell phone to check it. :)

LANCELOT said...

Della,

Korea is 13 hours ahead during Daylight Savings Time, and 14 in regular time. So, look at your watch. Okay, look at a clock then.
Whatever time you see on it, add an hour (or two if not in DST) then transpose the AM and PM. If it's AM where you are, then it's PM here. For example, right now it's 4:57pm here...that means if I want to know what time it is in Florida, I take my time and change it tp am, then subtract an hour. For you, you change the AP/PM (no, not the convenient store) and add an hour. The only time it doesn't work is between the hours of 1:00 and 3:00 (because of the plus hours). If you still don't understand (I think I've confused myself too) google it. :)

Chair!

Blog Archive