My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.

21 July 2006

MARK YOUR CALENDAR!

Vanessa and I have chosen a date! We would like to be wed at 7:07 am on Saturday, July 7th, 2007. For those of you playing the home game, that's the 7th minute, of the 7th hour, of the 7th day, of the 7th month, of the 7th year this century/millenium (incedently, Saturday is also the 7th day of the week). So, we're thinking about a whole "seven" theme...

It feels good to have picked out a wedding date. Now I can start making solid plans, rather than telling people, "sometime next year." I think it's helping Vanessa realize some tings too, like we're actualy going to go through with this, and I'm not putting things off.
The only thing that might suffer will be my birthday (only three days later) but then again, I don't really celebrate birthdays too much any more as far as parties go.

We don't have any more details - No idea if it will be in Germany on in the USA. If we do it in the USA, I'd like to have her father (a minister) marry us. I think that would mean a lot to my bride to be. He could walk her up the aisle, then keep going. When he asks "who gives this woman..." I think it would be funny if he said something like, "oh yeah, I guess that's me, here you go." :)

Start thinking of all the songs or Movies with "seven" in the title. I might want to put a little somehing together for the wedding video. Now that I think about it, one of the first gifts I ever gave Vanessa was the movie "Seven" on her birthday the year we met and before we were even dating. See how things really work out when they're supposed to? I'm in awe, even as I write this!

N-E-Way, I'll let you know more as I find out what's going on with the plans. We've broken up the list of tasks into three groups: Vanessa gets to plan the wedding, I get the reception, and we both get the Honeymoon (wink, nudge). No, I mean we both get to plan where we'll go, and what we'll do. It's too bad we're in the military, and only get a few days a year of leave, otherwise, we could set up the wedding together. I SO hope I get stationed in Germany with her. It will make planning this so much less stressfull on both of us!

2 comments:

asemtap said...

Okay, here's my list so far:
The Dance of the 7 veils, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, The magnificent 7, 007, more to come,
Drinks will be 7 & 7. Kids get 7up. A 7 layer cake and 7 layer salad. I'll work on this somemore.
By the way as an airman you could have said on a 707 (jet) at 7:07 on 07/07/07.

'Dela said...

::oil can:: the wheels they are a turning...we of the Mesa clan have started being our "goofy" selves & have come up with a zillion ideas!!!
of course Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs quickly became dorks...you of course being el prince! then there are at least 5 boy cousins, your best man, her brothers, etc.
then we quickly came up with the 7 sisters or the Pleiades (spelling?) which could be 7 little girls dressed up with silver star gowns.

there should be 7 tables with either 7 guests each for a total of 49 or 10 (your b-day) which would total 70...each tabel having its own theme of 7 of course!
it is so cool you mentioned the movie se7en b/c that was a thought for a theme, the 7 sins, but i don't wanna sit at that table...i'd be hard pressed to choose between gluttony & sloth.

of course we would have to have 7 colors of the rainbow table, that can be the gay & lesbian seating. LOL

who made the salad? Seven Seas!

oh well, there are plenty more where these came from...hopefully your mother was writing thme down as we spoke today.

keep us posted!
love,
~a.

p.s. VANESSA has 7 letters in her name!

p.p.s. what do you mean no big deal about your b-day in'07, you hit the big 3-0...we'll just keep partying.

Blog Archive