My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.

01 November 2006

Happy Halloween, Dia De Los Muertos, All Souls' Day

Life is Good.

I get to talk to Vanessa every morning before work. That kickes off my day!
Working in radio is so much less stressful or demanding. Basically, I come to work, get ready for my show, do my show, then leave. There's no staying late, and no need to work weekends unless we're all working a remote broadcast (rare in the Winter).
Then, I go home, and rest. I have actually been able to watch some television in the past week! That's nothing to get excited about, unless you realize that I haven't watched television since my trip to Japan, and that was only for a couple of days. I was feeling unplugged from the world. Add to that, I've been paying for cable since I arrived, and only now am I able to get my money out of it.

Life is Good.

- - - -

My favorite holiday is over. I truly like Halloween, not just because it's free candy day (for the kid in me) but also because it's a day when people get to be themselves. Themselves? you ask...yes. I have observed that when people dress up in a costume, they allow themselves the freedome to do things they wouldn't normally do, and they do it because "it wasn't me, it was the character." I can cite examples to prove my point, but not here, not on this blog.
Also, since I wear black 366 days a year, it's one of the only days people don't bug me about it. Black on Halloween is like Red and Green on Christmas. It's pretty much just accepted people will wear it. Speaking of, I got to come in to work in costume yesterday. I felt more like a human than I ever have before in Korea. I was doing MY JOB, in MY CLOTHES. It was great!

- - - -

Sleep is good, but talking to Vanessa is better. Each night she calls, or I call. With the time difference, the only time that's possible right now is 2am. Were I still in News, I'd be at work when she called, but sinc eI'm actually free from bondage in radio, I get to go home and take these calls. They are my lifeblood right now. I miss her so much! We can talk about anyhting, from how silly a movie was, to thoughts on where to live after retirement, and it's all important. We don't have "blow off" conversations, where we talk, just to say we talked. I hope we never get to that point. I have a coworker that has those with his wife all the time. He calls her just so she won't say, "we never talk." The News monster has destroyed his marriage. He stays the same hours I used to. Since my epiphany, I've told him to go home every evening, and to realize that it's just a job. I tell him how I used to feel, and how I see him feeling, and that I don't want him to become the new News Beyotch.
Back to My Darling; the next time you talk to her, have her say, "BAD ROBOT." It's the cutest thing. She says it with the "w" lisp of a child, and it's adorable.
ULI

- - - -

That's it for me. Feel free to send me photos from your halloween.

Ray - good to hear from you, what's your amail address?


-Lance

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Bad Wobot

asemtap said...

I wrote you befor you blogged. Glad you got to dress in your street cloths. teejee. Oh by the way what cereal is the one we need ito incorporate into our reception decor?

Heard from Vanessa, directly.. Is nice/

'Dela said...

the cereal is TRIX, it's for kids silly rabbit!

i am glad for you that LIFE IS GOOD!

we did Halloween at Liz's house, i was dressed as a college bum...IUPUI shorts your mom gave me, my tye dyed tshairt & my fuzzy bedroom slippers. i hope she sends you pics of the decorations, we are getting better & better each year!

i ha(d)ve a card for you so i'll send it late...i think i need address though.

oh well, only 9 months or so to go, eh?

take care & stay happy,
~a.

Blog Archive