My mouth is still a little sore, but nothing like it was last week this time. I spent Tuesday in a drug-induced coma, bleeding and spitting out blood (you're welcome),and devouring the narcotics the dentist prescribed. Vanessa was lovely, she stayed and waited on me for half the day, but she had to leave and go in to work after lunch, so I watched cartoons - well, I watched cartoons until I passed out, then slept for about a half hour, then woke up and rewound the cartoon DVD because I missed the show, only to pass out again. If it was a TV show, you would have laughed to see it.
Speaking was an issue for the first few days. Actually,Vanessa deserves a degreein foreign languages for deciphering "Meh Eh Heh Eh Geh Eh Eh-Eh?" means, "May I have a drink of water?" Eventually that subsided into talking through my teeth, so every phrase sounded angry.
For the 2 next days I repeated my coma/tv/spitting blood/drink water/medication/coma routine. Then I ran out of both gauze and narcotics.
Friday was not a good day.
I had to go into work because the dentist only gave me a few days to "recover" and work told me I'd have to come in. By this time, the pain had gone from sharp stinging agony every few hours (thanks to the narcotics) to a constant, dull, pulsing pain. I only had Motrin (the military equivalent to "diet aspirin"), so I was almost passing out from it. Somehow I made it through the day (everyone else had taken the day off, so I got to sit alone most of the day - and that was good. I got to sneak little cat(atonic) naps in to help alleviate the pain.
Now, I know by now, I sound like a pansy, and that most people reading this have had their wisdom teeth removed. Well, So What! This is MY blog,and I can whine if I want to.
It's a week later, and the dull pain lingers. At least I can talk now.
- - - -
Another pain - not the physical kind - is work. Not the job itself, but something I found out today. I just got back from a trip to Iceland to cover some news stories there, and they're sending me out again. To the same region, to cover pretty much the same story. This new country starts with an "N," to help you geography buffs. I'm not one to complain about getting to see the world, but I haven't had a lot of time with Vanessa, and it's starting to wear on me. I had a week away, then a few days with her, and now another week away. I dunno, maybe I'm just selfish. At least they're paying for me to travel, and I bring back small souvenirs for Vanessa from my travels - nothing too big, we know what that usually means.
Other than that,work is great. I like my job,I like my bosses and coworkers, I like the pace, and the time they give me to take care of my and Vanessa's health. My boss is one of the good ones - so far.
- - - -
Oh, I'm getting a new vehicle. We looked for cars a while ago, and before we left for the wedding, we found a nice one. A 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee. We prayed about it, and asked God if we were meant to get the Jeep, to hold it for us until we got back. Well, it was there when we returned, so we called about it. No answer. So we called more, and still no answer. I left for my Iceland trip, came back, and called again. This time he answered, and we got to test it. It's nice. We had a mechanic friend look it over, and most of the things he found are cosmetic, and easily fixable. The owner had even dropped the price about a grand, so we knew it was thanks be to God that he held it. He had gotten a call from someone a few days earlier than us, but the other buyer wouldn't give in to the price (he tried asking for $200 less, and the owner said "no.") so we got it. I'm working on getting insurance now, so I can start driving it as early as Thursday. So, no more will Vanessa have to drive me in to work at really early hours, and I'll get to sleep in if I don't feel like getting up to go work out at "dark o'clock." I will, Honey, but just for those occasions that I don't feel well.
- - - -
It looks like I'm headed out next year to the warm, dry place. Not the one we originally thought, but to the other one. HINT? Okay:
"The blanket worn by Eminem's Fan,
The hiding place of a dying man."
Good luck.
- - - -
ULI
My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2012
(1)
- ► 01/08 - 01/15 (1)
-
►
2011
(10)
- ► 08/28 - 09/04 (1)
- ► 07/24 - 07/31 (1)
- ► 05/29 - 06/05 (2)
- ► 05/22 - 05/29 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 03/20 - 03/27 (2)
- ► 01/16 - 01/23 (1)
- ► 01/02 - 01/09 (1)
-
►
2010
(19)
- ► 12/26 - 01/02 (1)
- ► 12/19 - 12/26 (1)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (1)
- ► 08/22 - 08/29 (1)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (1)
- ► 07/18 - 07/25 (1)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (1)
- ► 06/27 - 07/04 (1)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (1)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (1)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (1)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (1)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (1)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (2)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (1)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (1)
-
►
2009
(15)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/20 - 12/27 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (1)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (1)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (1)
- ► 08/16 - 08/23 (1)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (1)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (1)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (1)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (1)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (1)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (1)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (1)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (1)
-
►
2008
(51)
- ► 12/28 - 01/04 (1)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (1)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (1)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (1)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (2)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (1)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (1)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (2)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (1)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (1)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (2)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (2)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (1)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (2)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (1)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (2)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (3)
- ► 07/20 - 07/27 (3)
- ► 07/06 - 07/13 (4)
- ► 06/29 - 07/06 (3)
- ► 06/22 - 06/29 (2)
- ► 06/15 - 06/22 (1)
- ► 06/01 - 06/08 (1)
- ► 05/25 - 06/01 (1)
- ► 05/18 - 05/25 (2)
- ► 05/11 - 05/18 (1)
- ► 05/04 - 05/11 (1)
- ► 04/27 - 05/04 (3)
- ► 04/20 - 04/27 (1)
-
▼
2007
(37)
- ► 11/04 - 11/11 (1)
- ► 10/07 - 10/14 (1)
- ► 09/09 - 09/16 (1)
- ► 09/02 - 09/09 (1)
- ► 08/19 - 08/26 (1)
- ► 08/12 - 08/19 (1)
- ► 08/05 - 08/12 (1)
- ► 07/29 - 08/05 (1)
- ► 07/22 - 07/29 (1)
- ► 07/08 - 07/15 (1)
- ► 07/01 - 07/08 (1)
- ► 06/17 - 06/24 (1)
- ► 06/10 - 06/17 (2)
- ► 06/03 - 06/10 (1)
- ► 05/27 - 06/03 (1)
- ► 05/13 - 05/20 (1)
- ► 04/15 - 04/22 (1)
- ► 04/08 - 04/15 (2)
- ► 03/25 - 04/01 (1)
- ► 03/11 - 03/18 (3)
- ► 03/04 - 03/11 (2)
- ► 02/25 - 03/04 (2)
- ► 02/18 - 02/25 (1)
- ► 02/11 - 02/18 (1)
- ► 02/04 - 02/11 (1)
- ► 01/28 - 02/04 (1)
- ► 01/21 - 01/28 (1)
- ► 01/14 - 01/21 (1)
- ► 01/07 - 01/14 (2)
-
►
2006
(73)
- ► 12/31 - 01/07 (4)
- ► 12/24 - 12/31 (1)
- ► 12/17 - 12/24 (2)
- ► 12/10 - 12/17 (1)
- ► 12/03 - 12/10 (3)
- ► 11/26 - 12/03 (1)
- ► 11/19 - 11/26 (1)
- ► 11/12 - 11/19 (1)
- ► 11/05 - 11/12 (1)
- ► 10/29 - 11/05 (1)
- ► 10/22 - 10/29 (2)
- ► 10/15 - 10/22 (1)
- ► 10/08 - 10/15 (2)
- ► 10/01 - 10/08 (2)
- ► 09/24 - 10/01 (3)
- ► 09/10 - 09/17 (1)
- ► 08/13 - 08/20 (1)
- ► 07/30 - 08/06 (1)
- ► 07/16 - 07/23 (2)
- ► 07/09 - 07/16 (2)
- ► 06/25 - 07/02 (1)
- ► 06/18 - 06/25 (1)
- ► 06/04 - 06/11 (1)
- ► 05/28 - 06/04 (2)
- ► 05/21 - 05/28 (1)
- ► 05/14 - 05/21 (2)
- ► 05/07 - 05/14 (1)
- ► 04/30 - 05/07 (2)
- ► 04/23 - 04/30 (3)
- ► 04/09 - 04/16 (3)
- ► 04/02 - 04/09 (3)
- ► 03/26 - 04/02 (2)
- ► 03/19 - 03/26 (2)
- ► 03/12 - 03/19 (3)
- ► 03/05 - 03/12 (3)
- ► 02/26 - 03/05 (3)
- ► 02/19 - 02/26 (3)
- ► 02/12 - 02/19 (2)
- ► 02/05 - 02/12 (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment