I'm proud to be an American, and it's kind of cool to be in this particular country today. Granted, I'd rather be at home with my family, but since I'm here, I might as well get into the little things.
- - - -
So my show is going well. I have to work seven days a week right now, but you know what? It really doesn't bother me. It's only been a few days, but being back in radio, feels like I'm back where I belong. I'm a fish in water. I'm a penguin in...well, okay, water, but I'm doing what I feel I'm supposed to be doing.
I've felt for a long time, that God has asked me to serve Him. The only thing is, I don't know how. I've asked and asked, but we all know He has His own timing for everything. I tried talking to Priests and other Chaplains about maybe getting into that kind of work, but I didn't really feel drawn to it. Then I loked into maybe working in some capacity for te church I attend,, but there's really nothing that speaks to me. Funny thing is, I feel drawn to radio. Vanessa's Dad keeps telling her that the Christian radio station he listens to is looking for DJs, so maybe I can do it that way. I dunno. Just a thought.
- - - -
The internet is a wonderful tool. I have had conversations with friends in both Germany and the US, and even got to talk to Vanessa (well, type, she talked) while I was writing this blog entry. I once talked to a preacher (at my Dad's insisance) and he said the internet was the tool of the Devil, but I can't see how, when it helps keep me close to those I know and Love.
- - - -
Morning show tomorrow...should probably get some kind of sleep. Photos are on the way.
- - - -
ULI
1 comment:
I've also been thinking about what you said about serving GOD. Then at church the other day it hit me, youth ministries. Not like the DRE's but more like our's is. She helps prepare the kids for confirmation and takes them places helps them get involved in the church. She has fun with them while guiding them (reference to counceling). I thought to myself as I watched the young people interact with her at a wedding reception, this might be a way LAnce can do hid work.
Good luck working off that farmer's tan you're gonna get.
M~
Post a Comment