My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.

02 July 2008

Safe and sound and...

Well, I'm finally here. I left on Friday afternoon, and was told once I got to the holding area, that we'd be flying out the same night. Shortly thereafter, however, we were told that our flight would be delayed for three to five days! Well, we arrived here yesterday, and got ourselves hooked into our new home.

Once we got to work today, I found out that I would be working in the radio section. so my day was already starting on a high note. THEN, my boss told me I'd be doing a radio show...today! Talk about fast spin up. Finally, to add to my great day, he told me that I am going to be the NCOIC of the radio section (for you non-military folks, that means I'm the section supervisor overseeing everything). So I did my show, and I emailed Vanessa to let her know I was here and safe. She tried to call me, but I'd already finished my shift by that point.

I am working on getting intrenet connected in my little room in our 8-person hut. Once I do, I'll blog daily (when possible), and load photos to show you what I'm seeing.

- - - -

I got Vanessa's anniversary present in the mail today...I don't know if I should go ahead and open it, or wait until the 7th. It's not too far off, so maybe I'll wait. Hard to believe that we've only been married a year. We've been together so long, and acted married for just as long, that it feels like we've been together forever - and in a good way. I'm sad to miss our first anniversarry together, and more that we'll miss out on a lot of important dates for the rest of the year. But that's the life we've chosen, and that's what God wants us to do...makes us stronger, I suppose.

- - - -

Send me letters...not chocolate...

I will write in code for the next few lines. Each line is a seperate one for the address.

ETGVX AXBGSXEFTG

CEV / TYG TYZAGBLMTG

UEWZ 415

UTZKTF TBK YBXEW

TIH TX 09354


hint: A=H
If that's too hard, contact Vanessa to find out the address, but I won't post it here.

- - - -

Tomorrow, I have briefings all afternoon, so I won't be doing my show. That's okay, I have waited a long time to get back into radio, one more day won't kill me.

So, to all my Family and Friends out there, I will say goodnight, and I Love you all.
Please keep me, Vanessa, and my brothers and sisters in uniform in your prayers.






ULI

3 comments:

asemtap said...

This address is a little different than what Vanessa gave me, I hope things get to you, they may be late though.

Glad you're happy with the radio gig, I know it's your fave. Still signing off with Quinn the Eskimo?
I think it would be a hoot out there.

Stay safe. I'll be calling Vanessa on Monday at her request. I can only imagine how hard it will be for you both.

Love you mas que mucho.
M~

Vanessa said...

i have sent him a lot of things with the address i gave you. it works just fine.

Lynn said...

We are glad you are safe.

Will keep you and all you request in are prayers

Stay safe

Kansas folks love you!

Blog Archive