My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.

29 July 2008

Life's Not Fair

Here I am, having a good time doing a job I enjoy, and I get notice that today was one of Vanessa's worst days to date with her office. Oh, how I want her term to be over, or her chain of command to realize exactly what they are doing. She would have had no problem staying and perhaps even enjoying a long career, if it hadn't been for this command of hers. I won't name names, or give away details (you can read her blog for details) but ther are some people in charge of her, that either don't know what they're doing when it comes to LEADERSHIP, or don't care. Supervising is easy, you go to work, you tell people what to do, and you go home. Leadership, is taking that extra time to make sure your people know what to do, that they can do it, and making sure they have motivation to do it. You make your people happy (as best you can) and they will do almost anything you ask. Treat them like cogs in the machine, and they will find a way to break - either from stress, or wear.

I'm so upset, that I fear it will begin to affect me here. I already long to go back to her, and knowing that she's having such hardships, takes my focus away from being here, and doing my job, and shifts it to her. That's fine for now, but what happens in a few months, when I move out of radio, and start going on convoys to do stories? Will I not notice something and edanger everything and everyone, just because I'm worried that Vanessa is having conflict at work that is breaking her down more and more? I don't know how much more she can take. I've already said she's the strongest young woman I know, but even the strongest steel will bend, buckle, and break under enough pressure.

Please pray for her, like you have done for me.

- - - -

I like Kool-Aid. And today, I discovered Kool-Aid Singles. They're little packets that you putinto a bottle of water, and makes it a bottle of Kool-Aid. They're yummy.

Sorry for the divergent topic, but I needed to smile again.

- - - -

No photos today. I hae some of the local ants here. I got bit by one my first week here. Theyre funny looking, so maybe next time.






ULI

1 comment:

asemtap said...

Hang in there kiddo. God knows what he's doing, only he knows why he is testing her. I don't even want to think about why he is making her stronger. BY the way did I tell you grampa had a mid heart attack. Called me just to let me know he was still alive....and?

Koolaid singles on the way!

Blog Archive