My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.

14 August 2008

Time To Let Go...

I realized something as I was talking to my wonderful wife today. Well, actually, she realized it, told me, and it struck a nerve. It's time to let go of some things. Some things are out of my control. Things like what people think, how they perceive things, or how they respond.

- - - -

In AA, one of the twelve steps, is to make amends with the people you've hurt in your life. They tell yu to seek out these people, and, face-to-face, apologi

When I was younger, I wasn't as "good" a peson as I now believe I am. I was rude, mean, shallow, celf-centered, and petty. I know most of you reading don't believe that, but there was a time in my life, when I only cared about myself. I really hope I've turned that leaf over for good.

I have some people to apologize to. I won't do it directly, but hopefully if you're reading this, you'll know it is meant partially for you.

For saying I didn't Love you...
For not being willing to try something new...
For sitting down on the bench during the basketball game...
For not being there when you needed me...
For making you worry about my safety and sanity WAY too many times...
For Valentine's Day...
For surprising you with a letter...
For urging you on, when I should have just listened...
For picking fights, just because I could't tell you I had feelings for you...
For making a "deal with the devil"...
For losing touch...
For being irresponsible for far too long...
And for so much more...

Please forgive that selfish child; for that is what I was, a child. I now take responsibility for myself, and for all my past indiscressions. Those that Love me, have already forgiven me, but I feel it necessary to put it down on electronic paper, so that the world can see it.

I have already forgiven those that hurt me - directly or indirectly - I hope you all can do the same for me.

- - - -

And now, a photo. Just because it's been a while. I call it, "Introspect."



ULI

No comments:

Blog Archive