It felt just like the above photo.
- - - -
My In-Laws left this weekend. I can't express my thanks enough that they were here for two of the first weeks of our daughter's life. While they think they got the better end of the deal by getting to see their granddaughter, it was my wife and I who gleaned knowledge from them about parenting. Some tips we have already started using, and they work well. We also got to have a little bit of a break - which most first time parents don't get (especially in the military, overseas). It allowed Vanessa and I to have time to rest, so we weren't frustrated, tired, and ready to snap at each other with no other outlet. It also gave us time to be a couple, and I hope we don't forget to keep that up. Why did they have to leave so soon???
It was sad to see them go, but we'll get to see each other again in the near future.
MY Mom comes to visit in a few weeks. Hopefully, it will be more of the same.
- - - -
Vanessa and Aurora are doing great! I can't help but feel a little jealous sometimes, because my wife gets to be with our baby 100% of the time. Granted, that means getting less sleep, and generally being what I can only describe as a 24-hour diner. Baby is a wonderful little machine. We put fuel in, the engine roars, a little exhaust, and she goes goes goes...to sleep. One of my best moments as a Father was watching her fade away to sleep in my arms recently. She gave out a big sigh, yawned, and gave this kind of half smile/half open mouth "thing" as her little eyes began to close: slowly...slowly...closed...wide awake...oh, just kidding...slowly...slowly...gone.
If my hands weren't full of baby, I'd have gotten the camera. Speaking of, I'll be posting some more photos this week, but not tonight. I need to get some sleep before going back to the grind.
.
.
.
.
.
.
ULI
MADLY (thanks Mom)

No comments:
Post a Comment