My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.

10 July 2008

July 10th, 2008...Clear Skies (original attempt 7-10-08)

Sorry for the delay on this...This is the post I was writing when my computer decided to take a dirt nap....
Today's forecast, sunny and clear, with a high of 112, and alow of 69...no rain in sight(with two hours to go in the day at the time of posting).


- - - -



Thank you to all of you who wrote or called to wish me Happy Birthday. I truly treasure the sentiments from my closest of family and friends. And yet, it doesn't really feel like a day to celebrate. To be honest, it feels like just another day. I know I've said it before, but after a certain age, there is little reward for remembering your birthday. As a young child, you look forward to it for the presents, and as a young man, you look forward to the benefits of age (at 12, you look forward to becoming a teenager, at 15, you look forward to driving, at 18 graduating high school & voting, at 21 being able to drink legally, and at 27, you get a break on your car insurance). But then something happens, and age no longer means much. It seems that as I age, I feel more and more drawn to celebrating the people that have made an impact on me in the previous year, rather than giving myself credit for my parents' actions some 31 years ago.

To allof you, I give my greatest appreciation. For my life would surely be less than the great thing it is without you...

So, Happy Year 31 of mylife to all of you.




ULI

No comments:

Blog Archive