My opinions. My stories. My life in my words. By reading this, you agree to not hold information contained within against the author or publisher of this blog in Civil, Federal, or Military Courts.

09 July 2008

Life is good...

First, let me appologize for not posting yesterday. I got home after work, logged in to my computer, and before it had the chance to tell me I was signed in, I was fast asleep. It had been a long day, and I'm still not sleeping well...not that I ever do.

- - - -

Yesterday I had a meeting with a representative from the Washington Blues Society. He wanted to know if I, as radio NCOIC, would play more of the Blues genre on our radio station. He also wanted a lot more, but I won't bore you here. I did what I could to anser his questions, and pointed him in the right direction if he wanted to contact our main radio headquarters. It felt good, knowing that even though I could only do so much of what he wanted, he walked away happy and satisfied. He will probably stay a loyal listener because of it (not that there's much choice).

- - - -

Today I had some philosophical and theological discussions with a coworker of mine. I do enjoy getting to find out how and what other people believe. And you know what, we actually believe a lot of the same things. Granted, our religions are based on similar precepts, but the differences separate us slightly. Still, we had good discussions, and we each brought up points that made the other see things in a different, and occasionally new, ways.



Then this evening, I went to a Bible study. It was informative, and as they tend to be, spritually fulfilling. I now have some direction to go to if other people are keeping me down - that is, making me do all the work, hurting me, and they reap the benifits. It was good stuff.

- - - -

Vanessa has been wonderful. She calls me in the studio while I'm on-the-air, and we get to talk before she has to go to work. It's so great to hear her voice. It makes this place feel not so far away. We talked for a long time on our anniversary...like we should have. As I've said so many times before, she truly is a stronger person than I am. If she were the one gone, I'd be beside myself (probably living on microwave dinners, and sleeping at work). The bible study will keep her (and "the situation") in our prayers. It felt good to know that.

Yesterday I got 6 packages in the mail. Vanessa wasa doll, and sent me anything and EVERYTHING she thought I'd need for the next month. The guy that delivers the mail is going to know me on a first name basis before too long. I'll probably end up sending some of it back (my room is so small you can touch all the walls from the center of the room), but some of it was just sweet gestures. Just thought it was worth commenting on. Afterall, it's MY party, and I'll blog what I want to.

- - - -

Thank you all for your well wishes, and notes of love. It means a lot to have people talk to me, if even for only afew minutes online. I miss everyone so much, and you make my day that much better.

- - - -

I will begin doing themorning radio show next week, so this week, I'm getting to work an hour earlier every day, to prepare me for getting in to the station by 5:30 every morning. YIKES! I may have to move to a new building, so I don't keep waking up the guys next door to me. One of them absolutely detests noise of any kind while he's trying to sleep. I do what I can to accommodate (like sleeping on the floor occassionally so my bed doesn't creak and groan when I crawl in at 3am), but I don't know f it will be enough. We'll wait and see.

- - - -


The photo illustrates just how truly tiny my room is. Vanessa liked that I put our weddingphoto in the focus of the room. I thought it was just common sense.

With nothing much else to write, I'll simply say goodnight, and my Love to you all!







ULI

No comments:

Blog Archive